GENERAL RULES OF THE LIBRARY
For a smooth running of the library, patrons are expected to follow the following rules, which will help us to serve you better.
- 1. The Circulation Counter and all the other services of the library shall be closed half an hour prior to the library closing hours.
- 2. Private Books are allowed into the library by filling up the separate form kept in the Circulation Counter.
- 3. Files, Bags including Laptop Bags and Borrowed Library Materials etc., are not permitted inside the Library.
- 4. Strict Silence is to be observed inside the Library.
- 5. Food, Beverages and Smoking are Strictly prohibited inside the Library.
- 6. Photocopying from any kind of books is not allowed for copyright act.
- 7. Reservation of Seats in the reading area is not allowed.
- 8. Kindly avoid leaving Private Books/any other documents inside the library.
- 9. You are kindly advised not to keep any Valuable articles, money etc., in the personal belonging holding area. Library will not be responsible at the loss of above articles.
- 10. Mobile Phones must be kept under silent mode when inside the library.
- 11. Readers are advised not to reshelf the books and journals after use.
- 12. Entry to the library is permitted only with the CMC identity cards.
- 13. Violations of Library rules can lead to hefty fines / debarred from Library.
- 14. The libraries are monitored by the surveillance cameras, controlled by the Security Office.
USE OF PRIVATE BOOKS IN LIBRARIES
Private books (other than CMC library books) must be kept in the shelves provided at the entrance of the library. However, if anyone wants to use these books inside the library, they are advised to fill in a prescribed form available at the counter and do so. They are expected to show these books at the counter staff when leaving the library. This is to avoid unnecessary confusion.
Please note that the borrowers are expected to return the books on or before date mentioned, failing to this an overdue find may be collected as per the Library Policy. If the book is not returned in spite of our repeated reminders, the cost of the borrowed materials including the overdue charges will be automatically collected through salary/fees, after 30 days of grace period. Your valuable suggestions and feedback may be recorded at the register available at the circulation counters of both the libraries. We look forward in serving you in any way we can.