Authorized CMC Faculty and students of MBBS, AHS, Medical PG Degree/Diploma, M.Sc. (NM), M.Sc. Nursing are allowed to use the library and borrow books against their Library borrowers’ cards.
Library borrower cards will be issued only at Gault Library during the time of admission.
• Under Graduate students will be given 2 Blue cards and may borrow 2 books at a time against their cards.
• Post Graduate students (Non-medical and Nursing) will be given 2 Blue cards for books or bound volumes and 3 Pink cards for journals and may borrow 5 items at a time either from Dood or Gault Memorial libraries. Please note that borrower cards are non-transferable. Loss of borrower’s card must be immediately informed to the Librarian in writing. Duplicate cards will be issued after verification and upon a payment of Rs. 50 per card.
• Borrowers are responsible for the items borrowed and expected to return the books in condition, failing to this compensation has to be paid according the norms of the institute. (Cost of the book and 20% acquisition charges will be charged)
• Reservation of a particular book is possible by filling up a prescribed form from the circulation counter.
• General Practitioners, Students of other professional colleges, Alumni of CMC, Deputed Medical professionals from other agencies are allowed to use the library with a prior permission from Head of the Library services. However, the above category of special users will be charged nominal charges as per the institution’s policy and norms.
• Library Cards must be surrendered only at Gault Library at the time of acquiring the clearance certificate.
The Dodd library is installed with the RFID based Library system which includes an Automatic Borrowing SELF KIOSK and a “Book Drop Box to return the books. The same will be implemented in Gault Library Bagayam Campus soon.
COMPUTER LABORATORY FACILITY
There are about 23 computers with high speed internet connectivity furnished in both the libraries. All authorized users of CMC are allowed to use this facility. These systems are connected with our Library server. Please note that this facility is to be used only for academic and research purposes. Social network sites or any unauthorized sites. If anyone found guilty, he/she may lose their privilege of using this facility.
E-LEARNING CLASS ROOM
An air-conditioned E-Learning class room with interactive board and 30 computer systems are available at the Dood Memorial Library for the use of students and faculty member. Patrons may use this service from 4pm onwards.
INTER LIBRARY LOAN FACILITY
CMC Library has provision to get information and articles from DELNET and QMED on mutual basis. Please approach the Library staff for details.
The following Sections cater to the needs of users:
- 1. Technical
- 2. Reference Books section
- 3. E-Learning Resources
- 4. Circulation
- 5. Journal and Magazines
- 6. Online Databases & Internet
- 7. Discussion Rooms
- 8. Conference Room